AB Tech Solution (ABTS) is a Massachusetts corporation which was founded in 2009 by Vijay Soni. Mr. Soni originally founded the company in India as Soni Electronics in 1993.
Throughout most of the history of the company, ABTS focused on providing custom electronics and software design and development services for the industrial automation, communication, building automation, and medical device industries. ABTS has delivered multiple products to Fortune 500 companies, small venture-funded companies, and companies in-between.
Early in 2013, ABTS utilized their background in building automation for the development of a family of hardware and software products for building energy monitoring, auditing, and control under the brand name, SmartPwrNet. Some of the products were novel enough that ABTS filed for patent protection. The SmartPwrNet products provide a facility manager with flexibility managing energy consumption for their electricity, cooling and heating need.
ABTS now intends to build upon this experience by offering high-efficiency LED lighting fixtures and lamps to small, lighting-intensive businesses with a simple business proposal. ABTS offers to provide the small business a turnkey solution for saving their lighting dollars. The value proposition to the customer is that they can start saving money on their lighting right away with no out-of-pocket costs, and with a minimum of paperwork hassle.
To accomplish this, ABTS will:
- Survey the customer’s premises to assess their present lighting energy consumption;
- Calculate the potential savings if the customer switches to LED lighting;
- Fill out all the necessary paperwork on the customer’s behalf to apply for lease-to-own financing of their new fixtures. The ROI is typically between 12 and 24 months. The customer will interact with the financing institution directly as required.
- Fill out all the necessary paperwork to qualify the customer for utility rebates and incentives;
- Arrange for the installation of the new fixtures or lamps according to local codes;
- Provide a 5-year service & replacement warranty on all LED lamps and fixtures.
ABTS’ LED lighting offering consists of over 120 products, which are at a minimum, listed by Underwriters’ Laboratories (UL) and the Design Lights Consortium (DLC). DLC listing is required by most utility companies to qualify for the energy incentives and rebates available. Several of the products have additional agency approvals and listings such as CE, EnergyStar, and TÜV.